Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thoughtful Music, Shatter Me.

Hello Bookworms!
Haven't done a post in ages! Well, today one of my favorite artists, Lindsey Stirling, posted a new song that I found striking. I have admired Lindsey for about two years now, and I am willing to say that this is probably one of her best songs ever. I've really seen how she's grown with her music. Anyway, here is my assessment.
Alright, So I have heard several different thoughts on what this music video means; and right now I want to share the final conclusion of those thoughts. The girl defined by the ballerina is confined to a certain image. Something or someone who has hurt her in some way has chased her there, and now she maintains the image that people see her as. She is delicate, fragile,  and more than anything beautiful. The only problem is that she can't leave that circle. She is confined to who people see her as. Even when she tries to leave on her own, she is pushed back. She can't make people see the real her; in a way she's too scared of what they will say. She needs someone to break through that shell, and see the real her behind the porcelain doll. She doesn't want anything to change, because like everyone else she has a fear of the unknown. Yet also she can't bear to stay who people assume she is, because that's not the real her. In the end she manages to escape, however in order to attain true freedom that former image of herself must die. The young girl left standing in the field is just as beautiful, but she's also real. She isn't just a porcelain doll, she has freckles and flaws; just like everyone else. One theme reigns through all: in order to attain true freedom some part of you has to die. Whether it is your fear or your sorrow; something will change.
Thank you for reading that, and if you have any idea what the clockwork girl means then please let me know in the comments!
Just a small note, but on May 21st, I will reveal the main plot line of my new book idea. This idea isn't one of the back-burner ideas that I've had, this plot will be my main focus; and I will try to finish it within two years as my first full book. Please keep reading! Habent sua fata libelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment