Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Behind the Scenes Writing Tag

Hello Bookworms!
Yikes! I got tagged! So, I'm still rather new to blogging, and apparently I got tagged by Hanne-col at Ain't We Got Fun, and I am absolutely thrilled to be filling this out, and to be back to blogging! Without further ado, the tag!

Is there a certain snack you like to eat while writing?
Well, I really like string cheese. That's probably a bit weird, but oh well.

When do you normally write? Night, afternoon, or morning?
Night. No doubt. There is a pale thrill to writing by moonlight, or in the absence of the moon. Also, it's the only time I can be sure no one is going to disturb me while I'm writing a death scene. (That took some explaining.)

Where do you write? 
Mostly on my bed, sometimes on the couch. And sometimes, when my story takes place in a specific environment, on the trail at a local nature preserve.

How often do you write a new novel? 
Oh, COME ON! *Sigh* I have only ever finished 1 novel, and it took 1 year. However, when it comes to new novel ideas, I tend to get 1 every 1-2 months. I know, I need to write more.

Do you listen to music while you write?
Almost always. Yes, there are times when I need to be completely free of distractions, but most of the time I listen to music. Anywhere from Celtic music for medieval worlds and country break up songs for revenge plots, to songs like 'Footloose' and 'Best Day of my Life' for modern comedy.

What do you write on? Laptop or paper?
Mostly laptop, because it's faster. Still, when I'm trying to write while out of the house I will use paper, and sometimes I turn off all electronics and light a candle and write on paper by candlelight.

Is there a special ritual you have before or after you write?
Um....not that I can think of.

What do you do to get into the mood to write? 
Oh dear. Well, sometimes I read some of my favorite classics, sometimes I read something I haven't read before and then stop reading in the middle and try to figure out what I would have happen next, and the sometimes I just go onto my Pinterest boards.

What is always near the place you write?
Hmm.... (Looking around me.) Books. Several notebooks, a few pencils, lots of candles, oh, and a really old map.

Do you have a reward system for your word count?
Yes. Do I follow it? No.

Is there anything about your writing process that others might not know about?
Umm... I often try to act out scenes from my writing, to get a feel for how it would play out in reality. I often end up charging around the outdoors, looking like a complete loon.

Ok, sorry, I'm only tagging 2 people, and neither of them are actual writers. However, they are artists, so the can adjust it to their own art forms.
I am tagging: Ashley@Bramblewood Fashion and Sarah@Winter Ripple
If I didn't tag you, feel free to complete the tag anyway! And if you have any recommendations for writing blogs, please let me know!
Oh, and yes, I am planning on doing NaNoWriMo!
Dimidium facti qui coepit habet!

1 comment:

  1. i love acting out the scenes i am writing - especially deaths. though i try to do it when my door is closed or no one else is home, because my family would probably think i was crazy. anyway keep posting!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete