Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

The dead muse

Hi Bookworms and bookdragons!

I'm so sorry it took so long, I lost wifi for several days! But it's back, and today I'm writing about muses again. Specifically: The dead muse.

For the last month, my muse has not spoken to me. Not a single word. No funny ideas, no scenes, no characters, no nothing. I'm actually sitting here writing this instead of trying to stare at a blank screen and carve something from my imagination again.

So, I've taken to trying random things to try and wake it up again. This includes: Dressing up as characters. Drawing characters. Reading new books. Watching new movies. Watching old movies. Sewing. (literally. I got out a sewing machine and tried to sew a dress.)

Nothing has worked. Today, I myself have writing block. So I guess today is more a question to all of you: how do you revive a dead muse? Is there a type of song? A certain book? Incantation? Zombie plague? How?

I'll keep you up to date, and if you want I could even include more detailed elaborations of how I've tried (and failed) to wake up the muse. Just let me know.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment