Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Shady Fridays #1

Hello Bookworms!
Today I am posting a part of my book! I wrote this part about two years ago, however it has endured through my constant editing to this day relatively unscathed. Also, as a slight explanation as to 'Shady Friday', I always thought it would be nice if shadows held a part of our memory, so whenever I write something I always give shadows special attention. That way even when we die, our shadows carry on a memory that others can learn from. Unfortunately, this is just an idea. Enjoy!
~Dark clouds gathered round, lightning ripped through the sky, and thunder roared its hunting call to the night. Streets were abandoned, their occupants gone to seek shelter from the raging storm. A lone traveler observed the city, his cloak drenched from the pounding rain. Back at last, he thought to himself. It has been a long time, but my search has not been in vain. 
Slowly, he trudged on towards the house which he knew best. His mud stained cloak dragged him back as his soaked books sloshed water everywhere. On the edge of town lay a tiny cottage, little more than a shack. The yellow paint had long since peeled, leaving plain, dirty planks in its place. The disused sign which had once read 'Eliza Berry's home for children' now held but a dim memory of a long lost dream. The pathway on which so many children had planted their hands was now bleak and forlorn. It was on these cobblestones of memory that the traveler now trudged, weary and fatigued.~
I hope you enjoyed that, and I will be posting parts of my writing every Friday that I am available. Anyway, Habent sua fata libelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment