Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Book Ideas-Black Zone: Patient Zero

Hello Bookworms!
Tomorrow is the two-year anniversary of when I began blogging, but since I reserve Sunday for God, I am posting today. I came up with yet another book idea recently, and I am posting about it today. This is mostly an idea based upon a lack of stories like it, and I figured it was about time.

Alright, so I know I already have a zombie book that I'm working on, but this one is completely different. This is a book combining three areas of the apocalypse that I think not enough people talk about. First of all: the first child born after the apocalypse. For some reason no one ever talks about the people who grew up knowing nothing but the apocalypse. This could be for the exact same reason as number two though. Secondly: no one talks about the end of the apocalypse. They talk about the beginning, and the middle, but very few talk about the very last days of the apocalypse in a lot of detail. Maybe because by that point in time the people you have an emotional attachment to are no longer in an environment which they find unfamiliar or uncomfortable. Thirdly: patient zero. While some of the apocalypse books and movies talk about the first person infected, not a lot of people go into it. Usually it mentions something in passing, and the 'outbreak' is usually seen as a giant mass of zombies surging towards the protagonist. It doesn't claim the beginning to have been like that, but usually it doesn't go into the very first zombie. I say usually. I do not claim to have seen all the zombie movies out there, and a few of the ones I have seen had a few similar elements. But usually they gloss over these details.

Black Zone: Patient Zero takes place 18 years after the apocalypse broke out. In the initial outbreak over 3/4ths of the world's population was turned, but the rest were able to survive by making it to islands, ships, and anywhere else with controlled environments. The people slowly began expanding, and taking out the zombies on other islands, then inhabiting them. Eventually they managed to reclaim most of the world, leaving just one continent with Zombies left: North America. However, Patient Zero, the first zombie, was somewhere in North America and the governments of the new world have located it. Somehow, due to the random way in which I have decided to design the biological structure of zombies in this book, if they manage to take out Patient Zero, then it acts as a hive effect, (Is that what it's called?) and will take down all the remaining zombies. So, the first person who was born after the apocalypse broke out has been recruited by the new government to lead a team into North America, labeled the black zone, to kill Patient Zero. Only problem: that first one born is the youngest on the team, and hasn't fought in 10 years.


So? Thoughts? I know, I post too many book ideas. Still, they all get my attention somehow. Well, I have my next post planned! I FINALLY got done my first short story! So, I will do some editing on it, and I should have it up as my next Shady Friday! To those of you who have followed my blog these past two years: How did you do it? And thank you so much!
Oh! Before I forget! The Latin phrase at the end of my posts this past year means, (Loosly) "Once you've started, you're halfway there." So please, start writing! Starting is one of the hardest parts. Continuing is the other.
New phrase time!
Scribe ergo quae vidisti vivere!

2 comments:

  1. from someone who hasn't read or watched any zombie stories, I find this plot very intriguing. Is the picture in the background new? I like it! and I am excited about the short story! congrats on two years!

    abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already excited to see it. I love the idea! Exploring all of those new areas that people don't often look over. I think zombie apocalypse stories are generally overused, but I this idea puts a whole new view on it that I can't wait to see. Write soon!

    ~Jeffery

    ReplyDelete