Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Disney shorts: Get a horse!

Hello Bookworms!
Wow! I got an actual request! (Sort of) And I am writing again so close to the last time I posted! And this is my 50th post! WOW!!!
Ok, well I am writing a post about an excellent Disney short, which I absolutely loved. It's called Get a Horse, and it's based off of Mickey Mouse. Basically, it's Disney Breaking the fourth wall.
Ok. The short begins as a typical Mickey Mouse short, in black and white with the obvious romantic interest, friends, and villain.(I'm sorry, but I really don't know their names!)  Girl gets abducted by villain, Mickey tries to fight villain, and then Mickey ends up thrown through the tv screen and into a theater. They essentially shattered the forth wall, or screen, and started playing with it.
As I found out when the sound stopped working, the sound is very important. It's mostly sound effects, and very little dialogue, with typical Disney music and a cell phone. But the sounds add a lot of texture to the overall story.
What it means: Who knows? I think it's really just one of those crazy Disney Shorts that is for the purpose of having fun. If that was its goal, then it definitely succeeded.
I know that this was a short post, but I'm working on some other posts. I personally felt that this was one of the most fun shorts. I will try to continue with another short that I found adorable soon! If there is something you want me to post about, please let me know!
Demidium facti qui coepit habet!

No comments:

Post a Comment