Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Book idea

Hello Bookworms!
Today is idea revealing time! (You didn't think I would forget, did you?) So, I've been working on the ideas for this book for a while, and I am planning on finishing this book within two years! So, by June of 2016 I hope that this book will be Finished! (Just a hope, but I'll be working towards it)
Alright, so the book title is Villain's guide to fairy tales. The basic premise is that winners write the history books, and the only way to find out what actually happened is to ask both sides. So, we all know the heroes version of fairy tales, but do we know the villain's side? Maybe the true villains aren't actually the labeled 'villains', but those who we all thought perfect (AKA the 'heroes'). Anyway, this is a possible clip from the story, however it might change depending on what you guys think.
~


“So you’re Rumpelstiltskin?”



“No, not really. I mean if anyone has any right to claim being Rumpelstiltskin it’s me, but that’s not my real name.”



“I thought you were beaten because she guessed your name, and it was Rumpelstiltskin!”



“Yeah, I made that up. She was having such a hard time I made it up and let her guard hear. I didn’t know she would break her end of the deal!”



“Wait, I thought the deal was that if she guessed your name in three days she could keep the baby.”
“And I would get the gold she failed to pay. You know, a small bag of something or other. I’ve got to live too you know!”



“That’s not what I read. Wait, if your name’s not Rumpelstiltskin, then what is it?”



“Rowan. And she must have made the rest of it up. After she guessed my name I asked for my gold, and she pulled out an axe and started swinging away at me! I used up the last of my magic getting out of there, with nothing but my body in one piece to be grateful for. She must have made it up to excuse her bad aim.” She glanced quizzically at him as he explained. “She hit the floor a couple of times, so I think she was embarrassed.”



“So there’s more than one.”



“What, silly princesses? Yeah there’s more than one, there’s a ton of them!”



“No, misnamed villains! I was accused by my son and daughter-in-law; they said I cheated on a test that my husband orchestrated!”



“Wait a minute, you mean the princess and the pea? Wow, nice try miss ‘I’m so jealous of a teenage girl’”



“You’re one to talk, ‘Rumpelstiltskin’! I didn’t do any of it! I wonder if there’s more?”



“More what?”



“People who were accused who really didn’t do it! I wonder what their stories are!”



“I don’t care, just get me out of the rain!”



That was the start of what was to become the greatest team of underdogs this world has ever seen.
~
So, what do you think? I want honest opinions! Do you like the story ideas? Do you think they should meet in a different way? Do you think these characters should be completely innocent? Or should they still have a bit of a dark streak? Please leave a comment, and please follow! Have fun reading! Habent sua fata libelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment