Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Shady Friday #11

Hello Bookworms!
So, I've actually come across writer's block again! (I need to stop doing that!) Today I decided to continue the story I began in Shady Friday #5. However, I have also decided that this story is a several person first person adventure, so there will be several different stories all being told at once. I hope you enjoy this one!
~


Madness is necessary; a simply necessary part of society. Every genius is some part mad. Only the truly brilliant ones embrace that madness though. Without madness, humanity would have nowhere to look when it needed reminders of the fact, that the entirety of humanity is blind. Crazy, I know. But then, I wouldn’t be called mad if it wasn’t!
My name is William Kelvin Maxwell, and I’m one of the mad scientists that every average clinical mind dreads to meet. My insanity ranges from ‘I think that I can speak to all animals’ to ‘the octopus stole the banana from the shark, I have to go reclaim this ancient relic!’ Both of which I have, unfortunately, uttered within the past two hours. The year is 1947, and I am currently on the run from the loony bin; although I don’t know of a man alive who would live on the floor of the ocean. Sorry, not what I meant to say, but then my mind does random things. I just jumped back to the time an hour ago when I tried to save the banana from the octopus. It turns out I was in a market where a fish stand had been set up next to a fresh produce stand. Imagine my pride when I had finally vanquished the mighty jellyfish! Or was it a turtle?? Ah well, that’s my introduction. Live life to the full, and don’t forget to by insane, my brain! 
Alright, so as you can tell, we, the readers, all represent ideas jumping from one person to the next as the characters give slight updates in their minds. (Confusing). So, basically it's just like any other first person, only it's written in the moment. Most of the people are crazy anyway, so they have invented people inside their heads that they are talking to, and basically we as the readers get to listen in on the conversation. Or in other words, it's like a diary of thoughts. Anyway, I hope that you like the story! Habent sua fata libelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment