Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Writing block corner

Hello Bookworms!
Alright, so I have found that every single writer I know suffers from writer's block. Therefore, I have decided to do a small blog post on how to move around writer's block. Today's is basically explaining a character flaw and development idea.
When you think your characters are either too cliche (In the bad way) or too perfect, one way to advance them is reading over the 'evil overlord' list and others like them. I personally have developed countless villain's plot lines and character traits using these lists. Basically all I do is look over the list, and think to myself; Which of these mistakes would my villain make, and which would he be clever enough to avoid? This helps me a lot with all my characters, and also the plot points. After all, if the villain is trying to kill all of one type of character or another, wouldn't some of them get angry and try to rebel? Anyway, I hope this helps you with writer's block! And even if you aren't going through writer's block, it's a fun idea to try reading through them anyway, and trying to remember who made those mistakes.
Besides that, I have a clue as to the plot-line of my new story, and I would like you to try and examine it.
~
Dedicated to the mistaken heroes of literature
~
Have a great day!
Habent sua fata libelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment